Quick update on bills that have made it through committee. Jason Rapert’s SB238 to delay implementation has failed. Rapert’s SB357 banning smoking marijauna has failed and Standridge’s SB333 prohibiting the sale of edibles has failed. Our DPEG followers are doing an AMAZING job calling your Senators and Representatives. I was told that we jammed all of their in-session lines!!!! Way to go team!!!
Our little legislators have been busy getting their final marijuana bills filed by March 6 deadline.
They seem to have all jumped on the crazy train heading to LaLa Land.
8 are shell bills, which means they can amend them to be anything they choose about the medical marijuana amendment.
- HB2142- Rep. Wing-regarding extracts
- HB1935-Rep. Lowery, Sen. A. Clark-Clarify the effect on public schools
- SB690 -Sen. A. Clark, Rep. Lowery-Clarify the effect on public schools
- HB1939-Rep. Bragg-Straight shell bill
- HB2011-Rep MJ Gray-Straight Shell bill
- HB1991-Rep. Lundstrom-Straight Shell bill
- SB722 -Sen. Rapert-Straight Shell bill
- SB721 -Sen. Rapert-Straight Shell bill
Other Marijuana Bills Filed
- HB2143-Rep. Wing-Prohibit sales of Marijuana through vending machines
- HB2166-Rep. Dotson-Limit usable marijuana to low THC only and ban cultivation by dispensaries
- HB2190-Rep. Penzo & Sen. Irvin-Ban dispensaries from the sell of paraphernalia that allows smoking, REQUIRE them to sell vaporizers, require each dispensary to appoint a pharmacist director
- HB2239-Rep. Love-Divert sales tax to fund special programs other than pay for marijuana program
- HB2222-Rep. Lundstrom-Establish Security and safety requirements for cultivation facilities. (The ABC has already been put in charge of establishing these rules but I guess
Rep. Lundstrom feels she is better equipped to do this)
- HB1989-Rep. Lundstrom-Ban the smoking of marijuana in ANY location (that includes your own home)
Once again, we are asking you to contact your Senator and Representative regarding these bills.
Calling is much more effective than emailing.
The in-session # for your representative is 501-682-6211, your Senator at 501-682-6107 or 501-682-2902 . Here is a list of all Legislatures & their contact info: http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2017/2017R/Pages/LegislatorSearchResults.aspx?member=&committee=All&chamber=
Here is a sample for a call:
Hello Senator/Representative_________, I am a constituent in your district and I am asking you to please vote NO on these bills.
- HB2143-Prohibit sales of Marijuana through vending machines
- HB2166-Limit usable marijuana to low THC only and ban cultivation by dispensaries
- HB2190-Ban dispensaries from the sell of paraphernalia that allows smoking, REQUIRE them to sell vaporizers, require each dispensary to appoint a pharmacist director
- HB2239-Divert sales tax to fund special programs other than pay for marijuana program
- HB2222-Establish Security and safety requirements for cultivation facilities.
- HB1989-Ban the smoking of marijuana in ANY location